“Our aim is not merely to make children understand, and still less to force them to memorize, but so to touch their imaginations as to enthuse them to their innermost core.”
– Dr. Maria Montessori
In our toddler classroom, we provide a calm, safe and nurturing environment designed to meet the needs of each child. We realize that for most, this is their first experience outside the home and we know this decision is an important one. We strive to give you the comfort of knowing your child is being cared for by competent, compassionate and kind teachers.
Our primary focus is on language development and independence. We recognize that children learn by doing and our classroom is set up with many opportunities to explore and develop concentration and coordination. Our environment is rich with learning opportunities and the materials are easily accessible to support each child’s need for variety and challenge.
We follow the same routine every day so the children know what to expect and what comes next. A predictable environment helps them feel safe and calm. When children feel safe, calm and know what is coming next, they are happy, alert and ready to learn!
We also have a beautiful green outdoor space that we use on a daily basis to give them the chance to move, climb, jump and run!
Social interaction, music and movement are a part of the everyday toddler experience.
The goals of our Toddler program are to:
- Provide a safe and warm learning environment.
- Foster independence, curiosity and exploration.
- Provide a space that allows free movement and the opportunity to develop both fine and gross motor skills.
- Provide an environment of rich language experiences.
- Offer hands on, active learning experiences.
- Create a community within our classroom based on respect for self and others.
- Lay a solid educational foundation and instill a love of lifelong learning.
JOIN THE WAITLIST